No matter, whether it is winter or summer season there is no need to leave your pet at home. Let us explain you how to take your pupil on vacation:
In the car:
- Just like humans, feed them about three or four hours before the drive. Motion sickness isn’t just a human problem!
- If you’re crossing state lines, bring along your pet’s rabies vaccination records just to ensure you have a copy on hand.
On the plane:
- Different airlines have different rules when it comes to allowing pets in the cabin, so be sure to call ahead of time to find out.
- Try to buy a carrier that takes up the least amount of space — and definitely don’t forget a luggage tag listing all of your information as well as any paperwork required.
- There is one standout program when it comes to bringing pets on flights: JetBlue’s JetPaws offers members 300 points each time they board with their pets with a few additional conditions.
At the hotel:
- Look for accommodations with pet perks, like Kimpton Hotel locations that accept all pets for zero charge, offer pet toys, beds, water bowls and even Doggy Happy Hours at a few select locations.
- Some hotels give your pet the chance to stretch his or her legs with dog-walking routes or even on-campus dog runs like the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.